Doctors are using a laptop or tablet to access the medical information of patients in recent years. They analyze the patient’s history, medical procedures, medications, and health complications through a centralized database. The practice of filing medical papers is disappearing through efficient, modern, and dynamic information technologies in the healthcare industry.
Custom software solutions for healthcare has gained popularity because of its enriched data security, ease of use, and multi-platform synchronicity. Most clinics, hospitals, and pharmacies have health information systems (HIS) to monitor and record patient info, drug prescriptions, and medical personnel relationships.
5 Common Custom Software Solutions for Healthcare Industry
Many hospitals need good quality healthcare information systems (HIS) to reduce their burden of growing illnesses. The global market for custom software development is $140 billion; thanks to its growing demand. If you are looking to develop a custom solution for your pharmacy, clinic or hospital, you can choose any of these listed below,
1. Healthcare Data Management Solutions
Healthcare Data Management Solutions involves recording, storing, and analyzing available patient data to create personalized treatments, communication systems, and healthcare facilities. This can be a brilliant tool for hospitals specialized in a particular form of treatment such as eye, ENT, dental.
A custom healthcare CRM (customer relationship management) system,
· Helps record and store patient information in a centralized database and secure its access from various departments.
· Input real-time updates to derive real-time reports, insights, analytics, and forecasts through automated tools.
· Assists doctors and medical personnel to communicate with patients, identify and resolve issues, and improve their medical practices.
2. Healthcare ERP
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) technology in the healthcare industry helps monitor data and improve communication among different departments within a hospital, pharmacy, or clinic. It speeds up the delivery of improved results by consulting different physicians based on the medical records of the patients available both internally and externally. ERP for healthcare can work best for a large hospital managing several specializations within its premises.
A custom healthcare ERP system,
· Makes patient data transferrable and accessible among different departments inside a hospital.
· Can update and monitor data, reports, and medical records without the risk of losing critical information of the patient.
· Helps to assess the performance of the hospital to make informed decisions in improving patient visitation, health check-ups, and emergency services.
· Integrates human resources, billing, finance, and inventory departments and makes the hospital operations streamlined.
3. Healthcare IoT (Internet of Things)
Implementation of the internet of things in the healthcare industry can create remote monitoring facilities that help access medical records, schedule doctor appointments, and track the status of patients without physical contact. The estimated market for IoT in the healthcare industry can reach $410 billion by 2022.
With smartphones and Wi-Fi, we can develop several software healthcare solutions for,
· Automated health check-ups for elderly patients at home.
· Glucose level monitoring of diabetic patients.
· Dispensing pills with a scheduled alarming system for patients suffering from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
· Improving diagnosis and treatment of patients by accessing virtual real-time reports.
4. Healthcare Mobile Apps
Mobile app development for healthcare is increasing in recent years with over 500,000 apps customized for various health services including telemedicine, fitness, diet & nutrition. These apps help doctors and patients to communicate, share, and track the status of their health in real-time, making it easy to diagnose and prescribe medications.
Some popular mobile apps for healthcare industry include,
· Electronic Medical Record app for sharing heart rate, blood glucose levels, blood pressure levels in real-time with in-built cloud storage.
· Doctor app for helping physicians to schedule their appointments and keep track of their visiting patient’s data.
· Medication app gives patients on-time notifications of their dosage with alarms or vibration facilities.
· E-pharmacy and e-prescription apps for buying drugs with prescription anytime.
· Health, diet, and fitness apps help people to take care of their health with personalized plans and health charts.
5. Healthcare Research & Diagnostics Software
Research and Development (R&D) plays a key role in discoveries made in pharmacology, neurology, oncology, and genetics. Cloud-based software solutions can simplify recording, analyzing, and detecting medical issues that a human doctor cannot do.
Custom medical software can help in,
· Diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
· Analysing images of cancerous lesions, X-rays, MRI scans
· Graphic data of EEG, heart rate monitor, spirometer, and glucometer.
· Conducting virtual clinical trials by recruiting online patients and reviewing the results through data management software.
Benefits of Custom Healthcare Software
Though the requirements of a specific healthcare sector and the privacy laws of health departments in different countries may vary in creating a custom healthcare software, its benefits remain the same. These include,
· Improved customer experience
· Personal round-the-clock software support team
· Tailor-made solutions
· Cloud storage
· Multi-platform integration
· Data security
In need of a custom healthcare software? Send us a message.